Google Sheets: 3 ways to add a line break inside a cell
This article shows you 3 methods of how to start a new line of text or add spacing between lines or paragraphs of text in a Google Sheets cell.
Method 1: Using shortcuts
- Double-click on the cell where you want to add a line break
- Move the cursor to the location where you want to break the line
- Hit Alt + Enter if you’re using Windows or Command + Enter if you’re using macOS to insert the line break.
Method 2: Using the toolbar
Just select the cell(s) your want add line breaks and click on the Text Wrapping icon then click on the Wrap icon. See the following video for more clarity:
3. Using the menu
- Select the cells you want to insert line breaks
- Select Format > Text Wrapping > Wrap from the menu.
I hope this article will be helpful for you in someway. If something goes wrong, please let us know by leaving a reply in the comment section. We’re more than happy to hear from you 🙂